Saturday 3 July 2010

Build project using msbuild at command line

Recently, I have been writing some sample scripts to help me re-compile and start up services in order.
However, I failed to compile those csproj files because that I couldn't provide variables that are needed by post-build-event.

After trying to provide all the variables one by one....I gave up....there were too many dependencies and I simply cannot provide them each time I add a new solution to my script.

After analysing those post-build-event, I realized that those events were used to maintain a master library and to keep the lib folder up-to-date ---- nothing to do with my script.

At the end, I solve the problem by simply adding a new property switch '/p:PostBuildEvent='. which ignores all those post build events......

No comments:

Post a Comment